The Captain's Table

Tales and recipes from my kitchen.

Monday, June 06, 2005

Weekend in Review

First, the Adventures in Dairy roundup. Remember the yogurt with rennet? That was just a dumb idea, forget about it. You can't make cheese from something that's already basically cheese.

The feta that was so happily pickling away is, in fact, a pleasantly salty feta cream. My tin can cheese press didn't have enough pressure to squeeze all that whey out, so the cheese came out more like cream cheese. It'll probably be good on toasted bread with olives or tomato.

In other news, I created the million dollar dumpling. Imagine, if you will, a bite sized potato dumpling filled with homemade hot gravy. I'll post a recipe when I can include pictures.

If you should find yourself anywhere near Columbus, go to Jeni's Fresh Ice Creams. There is a genius at work there. Seriously, goat cheese with cherry conserve? That's just brilliant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home