The Captain's Table

Tales and recipes from my kitchen.

Sunday, May 22, 2005

I didn't have any milk...

... but I wanted pasta with cream sauce. Here's what I did, and it was great.

Garlic Parm Cream Sauce Without the Cream

2 T butter
2 T flour
1 c chicken broth (I used bouillon)
2 cloves garlic
fresh ground black pepper
dried red pepper flakes
3 T good grated parmesan cheese
1/3 c beer (or wine)

Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Sprinkle in the flour slowly while whisking smooth. Continue heating over low heat, whisking occasionally, for 5 minutes. Turn off heat and let it cool a few minutes while you heat the broth. Whisk broth into roux and set over low heat. Add garlic, cheese, pepper, and pepper flakes. Add a little beer or wine to thin out a little. Toss with pasta.

Serves one very hungry person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home