The Captain's Table

Tales and recipes from my kitchen.

Friday, April 11, 2008

The Square Cut

Mission accomplished... almost.

Here's the thin crust version of the dough from the last post. It could be a little crunchier on the bottom, but the cheese is already getting browned on top. Could be I need a screen or stone to help with that.

450 for about 15 minutes. Toppings were sausage, green pepper, mushroom. Sauce was Classico tomato and basil. Cheese was 50/50 mozz and provolone. Time to devourment (three eaters): 12 minutes.

I insisted on a square cut just so that I could fight myself for the little corner pieces. That's a little taste of heaven.

1 Comments:

At 5/10/2008 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks good! I've had decent luck with pizza stones. Still, my (imaginary) dream house has a brick oven in the back yard :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home