The Captain's Table

Tales and recipes from my kitchen.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Cheese of the Week No. 6

For anyone else who missed it, last week was Christine's birthday. If I could, I would send her a heaping bucketload of this week's cheese pick:

Endgame 2005 by Bobolink Dairy: raw cow's milk, New Jersey, USA. This is one of the most serious American cheeses I've had yet. Rich, raw, buttery, yet still a little crumbly, it packs a huge flavor punch. No, it doesn't taste like the New Jersey Turnpike. Hay, wild garlic, freshly cut grass, yogurt, it was all there, and the flavors keep developing even after you're done sampling it. It's unlikely that you'll find this exact cheese near you, but I encourage you to stop by any farmstands you see to sample the local offerings. There are some real gems out there.

1 Comments:

At 12/30/2005 5:45 PM, Blogger Christine said...

THANKS CARSEN!

You are the bomb diggity!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home